if women are so hurt by being called bossy, or are afraid of leadership positions because they don’t want to be called bossy are probably not fit for leadership positions to begin with.
Little girls. This campaign is aimed at little girls. Little girls who are being bullied and demeaned by both their peers and adults in their life for not being passive enough.
You are advocating for little girls to be bullied. Look at yourself.
I still don’t understand the perspective that’s going on here.
It`s a railing.
This fucked with my head so hard.
WAIT I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND
ITS ON TOP OF A WALL NOT GRASS
oh my god it’s the edge of a cement wall jesus christ that fucked me up so bad it took so long for me to understand
I STILL DONT GET IT
hence why his arm has a shadow under it
Thank you for the tiny drawing omg my brain
That fucking drawin fixed it omg thank you
20 Disney’s Atlantis Facts (You may or may not know)
- After Hunchback of Notre Dame was released, Disney decided they didn’t want to do another musical. Instead, they chose to do an Action-Adventure film inspired by the works of Jules Verne.
- The weaponry used is correct to the time period of early 20th century. The film features the Lee Enflied, the Lewis Gun, the Broomhandle Mauser and a variant of the Luger.
- The creation of the Atlantean language was done by the same man who developed the Klingon language for the Star Trek films.
- The filmmakers became interested in the readings of Edgar Cayce and decided to incorporate some of his ideas. (Edgar Cayce is an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing, reincarnation, wars, Atlantis and future events while in a trance.)
- Vinnie’s last name “Santorini” is actually the name of an ancient chain of volcanic islands in the Mediterranean (probably explains his obsession with explosives).
- They utilized all three Disney Animation studies, employing 250 animators, artist and technicians.
- The Crew actually traveled 800 feet underground in New Mexico’s Carlsbad Cavern to view subterranean trails, which they used as the base model for the movie.
- A Japanese anime film “Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water” and “Atlantis: The Lost Empire” were both inspired by the novel “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea”.
- American comic book artist Mike Mignola creator of the series Hellboy worked on the film.
- Joss Whedon was the first writer involved with the film. Whedon is bet known as the creator of the television series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and also directed Marvel’s The Avengers.
- Because the movie was planned as an Action-Adventure, the production crew made up t-shirts that read, “ATLANTIS” - fewer songs, more explosions.
- The final scene was created by combining many 24 inch (61cm) pieces of paper. Each piece was carefully drawn and combined with animated vehicles flying across the scene. The entire piece reaches an equivalent of an 18,000 inch (457.2 m) piece of paper that the camera slowly pulled away from.
Read the full article via pbpills
'Atlantis: The Lost Empire' & 'Atlantis: Milo's Return are currently streaming on Netflix / pictures©Disney
Reblogging for an amazing yer underrated Disney movie.
get to know me meme: 1/5 favorite female characters: ELLE WOODS
"If I’m going to be a partner in a law firm, I’m going to need a boyfriend who’s not such a bonehead."
This is so cool. You normally only see lightning for a split second and it’s gone, but since this is looped, we see the beauty over and overThe more you look at it the cooler it is
nuclear apocalypse hydra
evil in any weather
Partly Sunny Hydra
Cloudy with a 30% Chance of Afternoon Showers Hydra
Now Here’s Jim with Traffic Hydra
TONIGHT: Kenan Thompson explains why he’s such an amazing ice skater.
It’s knucklepuck time!
“Lilo and Stitch” 2002
Lilo plays a trick on the tourists.
IF YOU LIVED HERE YOU’D UNDERSTAND
I desperately need to understand
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
Was this scene cut from the movie??!!
Fucking christ, do you know what this would have done? What this would have meant to SO MANY people?? The truth of this is devastating. And to think it almost found it’s way into a DISNEY film??
The inclusion of this scene alone would have made it the greatest animated feature the company ever produced. Easily. And if you think that’s hyperbolic clearly you don’t understand.
No, really, if anyone knows why this was cut PLEASE let me know.
oh man WHY WOULD they cut this, this is so great, holy MOLY
It was clearly something the crew was very reluctant to get rid of if it made it all the way to rough-clean (and in a few scenes clean!), fully inbetweened animation. That is like, thousands and thousands of dollars and weeks (months?!) of labour. Maybe a reluctant producer decided they would alienate their white middle-class American audiences by making them feel “too guilty” and pressed them to drop it? It’s unfortunate, it’s one of the most honest accounts of racism in a Disney movie (which is why it’s believable that someone got uncomfortable and made a case to get it chopped)
Designing entertainment by committee for maximum marketability is probably the most heartbreaking process in Hollywood.
I’ve been seeing this around my dash and think it deserves some more recognition!
This shit is hilarious, too.
NO WAIT SHIT
I GET IT NOW
I GET WHY SHE WAS PHOTOGRAPHING TOURISTS AS A HOBBY
SHE WAS BEING FUCKING SATIRICAL AND OBJECTIFYING
IT’S NOT BECAUSE SHE’S A DUMB KID WITH A WEIRD HOBBY IT’S BECAUSE THEY DO THAT TO HER AND HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY LIKE SHE’S SOME KIND OF FUCKING THEME PARK CHARACTER AND SHE WANTS THEM TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS
HOLY FUCKING DICKS DISNEY WHY WOULD YOU CUT THIS
This scene would have made it so much better.
I understood why she was photographing tourists and the like, but this scene would have put things into so much perspective.
White tourists are the bane of other countries where the majority is POC because of shit like this. I see it in Nigeria all the time, I saw it in Haiti, and I saw it in Dominican Republic. It’s ridiculous.
Disney likely cut it because someone in the chain of command decided it was too offensive and their white guilt hackles were raised enough for them to be aware of the “implications” of allowing the scene to stay. Disney would rather protect its brand than tell the truth.
This movie is still my fave, tho.
Save this one for a night when all you want is for your brain to let you rest. Too often I go to bed, my body exhausted, my mind unable to stop moving. Luckily, there’s this masterful version of “Once Upon a December” from the (highly underrated) animated movie Anastasia. It’s a perfect piece to guide you to a peaceful slumber, because this music? It’s the stuff of dreams.
Want to collaborate on a Google Doc with Nietzsche, Shakespeare, Dostoyevsky, Dickinson, Dickens and Poe?
Click here. Start typing. Enjoy the hilarity.
Ninja Update: Wanna see something fun? Mention Shakespeare in a sentence and see what happens.
Poe kept writing distinctly into my sentences so I wrote ”Edgar, you’re not funny” aND HE BLATANTLY DELETED THE NOT I AM SO DONE WITH THIS ASDFKJL
OH GOD IF YOU TYPE “EDGAR ALLAN POE” POE ADDS A :( AFTER HIS NAME PRECIOUS BABY
Oh my God so I typed ‘Shakespeare’ and Shakespeare butted in and wrote ‘The lovely and handsome Shakespeare’ but Poe burst in saying ‘The dreadful and lonely Shakespeare’.
aND FYODOR DOSTOYVESKY ADDED ‘ I do not wish to make myself a laughing-stock before these idle listeners.”
Look what they did to All Star by Smash Mouth
“Somebody once hushedly told me the world is going to roll me. I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. She was looking kind of glocky with her finger and her thumb in the shape of a “L” on her forehead. Well, the years start voraciously coming and they don’t stop coming; fed to the rules and I hit the ground running. It didn’t make sense absolutely to live for fun. Thy brain gets smart but your head gets dumb. So much to do, so much to behold. So what’s wrong with taking the back busy thoroughfares? In everything one thing is impossible: rationality. You’ll never know if thou don’t go. “You’ll never shine if you don’t glow”, he growled incoherently. Hey presently, you’re an All Star. Get your game on; go play. Hey now, you’re a Rock Star. Get the show on; get laid. As well as all that glitters is gold, only shooting stars break the mold. ~All Star by Smash Estuary of opinion…”
Imagine putting your research paper in here and letting them go at it.
OH MY GOD I WAS WRITING AND EDGAR WOULDN’T STOP FIXING THINGS SO I WROTE “Edgar shut up I’m trying to write” and he changed it to “Edgar shut up I’m meagerly attempting to write” THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE
I typed in “Hello” and Shakesphere erased it and wrote “Begone with this rubbish.”
I typed “party in the Usa” and Poe changed party to “ill-fated gathering”
Omfg. I called Edgar a little bitch because he made something not make sense and he changed ‘little bitch’ to ‘little seething wench.’
lol look what they did to fall out boy
"Grains of golden sand We’re Going Down"
Am I more than thou bargained for yet
I’ve been dying to tell you anything you intensely desire to hear
Cause that’s just who I am this fortnight
Lie in the field of grazing grain, next to the mausoleum
I’m just a notch in thy bedpost
But you’re just a line in a mournful dirge
(A notch in your bedpost, but you’re just a line in a delightful tune of tongue)
Drop a heart, break an abject appellation
We’re always deeply slumbering in, and sleeping for the wrong team
We’re going plummeted down, down in an earlier round
As well as Sugar, we’re going down swinging
I’ll zealously be your number one with a bullet
A loaded Aeolus complex, cock it and pull it
”We’re going down, down in an earlier round” replied Oliver, “I want some more”
And Sugar, we’re going down swinging
I’ll be your numerical denotation one with a bullet
A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it… I do absolutely wish to make myself a laughing-stock before these idle listeners.
Nicola Griffith, talking about writing Ammonite (via limousine-eyelash)
Twenty years ago, as she pointed out on Twitter, and still something we need to hear.